Click on photo for larger view
Cable railing systems are excellent for exterior rails, trellises and fences, yet sleek and elegant enough for interior railings. They complement your exterior deck view and preserve spaciousness for your interior application. At Fortune Rope we sell to Architectural firms, residential contractors and commercial contractors. We provide every customer with individual attention, make assemblies for each job and make sure we are providing exactly what is needed to do the job right.
Fortune Rope can offer all the cable and accessories needed to design cable railing systems from the top of the line T316 SS to the less expensive SS T304. Fortune Rope is stocked with all your cable railing requirements and we are ready to serve as your only handrail cable provider.
Contact us with your requirements at 1-800-416-6595 or email at [email protected].
- Space cable at 3 inches on center to meet a 4 inch code or 1 inch closer than the code requires.
- End posts need to be strong enough to support the number of cable assemblies used and tensioned to 350 lbs. per cable assembly.
- Intermediate posts needs to be placed every 4 feet.
- Cable lengths need to be kept under 50 ft. in length for conventional turnbuckles and up to 25 ft. for Smooth Line and Terminator fittings.
Stainless Steel Wire Rope
Generally 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4", 1 x 19 stainless steel cable is chosen for most railing applications. Cable can be readily obtained coated in hard PVC or uncoated. 3/16" cable is the most popular size for residential and 1/4" cables for commercial railings.
Description of Wire Construction
- 1x19: Semi-rigid... used for straight runs
- 7x7: Semi-flexible... used for short runs and decorative corners.
- 7x19: Flexible... used for decorative purposes.
Suggested Railing Framework
The following is only a guide line. Please check your local building code for use of cable rails.
End posts and corners need to be made from the following minimums:
- Round Pipe: 1-1/2" ID Schedule 80
- Square Tube: 2" x 2" x 1/4" Wall
- Angle Iron: 2" x 2" x 1/2"
- Flat Bar: 2" x 1" (widest dimension should be inline with cable tension)
- Wood Post: 6" x 6"